JPL Help Desk
Johnston Public Library’s Help Desk program provides training and support for teens and adults as they face new learning, employment, or technology-related challenges. JPL Help Desk staff can provide guidance with tech-related tasks, job search and resume help, and can connect individuals to resources, but cannot provide legal, financial or medical information or fill out forms for individuals.
Help Desk appointments are educational in nature and individuals should have a clear goal in mind of what they would like to learn during their session. Librarians are instructors and cannot troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning software or hardware. Typical uses for a Help Desk appointment include:
- Resume and Cover Letter writing assistance
- Job search resources assistance
- Troubleshooting basic computer applications
- Assistance searching the internet
- Help downloading library e-Books and other digital resources
- Setting up email or other online accounts
- Google Drive
- Social Media Basics
- Tech Lab Training
For more information or to schedule an appointment call the Public Services Staff at Johnston Public Library at 515.278.5233 x 3.