The library building is currently closed due to Covid-19. Visit our homepage for more information.
About a weathered repo man in desolate downtown Los Angeles, and the nihilistic middle-class punk he takes under his wing. The job becomes more than either of them bargained for when they get involved in reclaiming a mysterious, and other worldly, Chevy Malibu with a hefty reward attached to it. Featuring the ultimate early-eighties L.A. punk soundtrack, this grungily hilarious odyssey is a politically trenchant take on President Reagan₂s domestic and foreign policy.
|BLU COMEDY REPO||Blu-rays Comedy||In|
Details & Subjects
Additional Authors :
- Cox, Alex, 1954- author of screenplay, director.
- Nesmith, Michael, producer.
- Wacks, Jonathan, producer.
- McCarthy, Peter, producer.
- Stanton, Harry Dean, 1926- actor.
- Estevez, Emilio, 1962- actor.
- Barash, Olivia, actor.
- Walter, Tracey, 1942- actor.
- Richardson, Sy, actor.
- Barnes, Susan, actor.
- Zamora, Del, actor.
- Velez, Eddie, actor.
- Harris, Fox, 1936-1988, actor.
- Finnegan, Tom, actor.
- Sandoval, Miguel, 1951- actor.
- Balgobin, Jennifer, actor.
- Rude, Dick, actor.
- Schloss, Zander, actor.
- McGee, Vonetta, actor.
- Foronjy, Richard, 1937- actor.
- Huffsteter, Steve, composer (expression)
- Larriva, Tito, composer (expression)
- Pop, Iggy, 1947- performer, interviewee.
- Müller, Robby, 1940- cinematographer.
- Morris, Keith (Vocalist), interviewee.
- Cohen, S. T. interviewee.
- McPheeters, Sam, author.
- Universal Pictures (Firm)
- Edge City (Firm)
- Criterion Collection (Firm)
Target Audience/Rating :
Edition Statement :
The Criterion collection ; 654.
Publication, Distribution, etc. :
[New York] : The Criterion Collection, 
Physical Description :
1 videodisc (92 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1984.
- Special features: commentary soundtrack with director Alex Cox, executive producer Michael Nesmith, casting director Victoria Thomas, and actors Sy Richardson, Zander Schloss, and Del Zamora; Plate o' shrimp (interviews featuring musician Keith Morris and actors Dick Rude, Olivia Barash, and Miguel Sandoval); Iggy Pop (interview); The missing scenes (director Alex Cox, executive producer Michael Nesmith, neutron bomb inventor Sam Cohen, and character J. Frank Parnell watch and discuss deleted scenes); Trailers; Repossessed (roundtable discussion about the making of Repo Man featuring director Alex Cox, producers Peter McCarthy and Jonathan Wacks, and actors Del Zamora, Sy Richardson, and Dick Rude); Harry Zen Stanton (discussion between actor Stanton and producer Peter McCarthy); The TV version (the director's "cleaned-up" television version of the film). Booklet features an essay by critic Sam McPheeters.