Imagine Your Story: Summer Library Program
What is the Summer Library Program?
- A free, 7-week program that encourages children to read and keep their brain active through the summer
How do I join?
- Paper logs can be requested when an appointment is made to pick-up holds for curbside pick-up beginning Tuesday, June 2nd
- Join virtually through ReaderZone
How do I sign up virtually?
- Search the for the ReaderZone app at your app store
- Install the app on your Android, Apple, or Amazon device
- Make an account and enter our Program Code: 5f6b5
- Select the program you would like to join
- Start logging your reading
How do I log my reading and activities?
- Paper log: fill in a picture for every activity completed or for every 20 minutes of reading for Preschool (birth-preschool) or 30 minutes of reading for Grade School (K-5th grade)
- ReaderZone App: record reading via the ReaderZone app by adding in the total minutes read
Why is reading over the summer important?
According the US Department of Education, "numerous studies indicate that students who don’t read or read infrequently during their summer vacation see their reading abilities stagnate or decline." This "summer slide" becomes more pronounced as students get older. The Summer Library Program helps kids avoid the summer slide by encouraging reading and other mentally engaging activities with a fun, easy-to-follow activity log and prizes along the way.
Thu 6 Aug
Thu 13 Aug
Thu 20 Aug
Thu 27 Aug