E-Books & E-Audiobooks
Johnston residents can access e-books and e-audiobooks through Bridges–a consortium of Iowa libraries providing downloadable titles through a company called OverDrive.
- You'll need your library card number and password. Can't remember your password? Get help
- Find your device at the OverDrive Help site to find out what you'll need to get started.
Frequently asked questions
How many titles can I check out?
- 5 titles per library card at any given time.
What is the loan period for e-books & e-audiobooks?
- 14 days
How do I return an e-book or e-audiobook
- See these instructions on how to return titles before they're due.
How do I renew an e-book or e-audiobook?
- A title may be renewed one time if it has not been requested by another borrower. Check out renewal instructions from OverDrive.
Why can't I find the title or author I want?
- Unfortunately, not all books and audiobooks are available electronically. In addition, some publishers have decided not to make their e-titles available to libraries. In any case, if you don't see the title you want at Bridges make a purchase request; we'll see if it's available for purchase and let you know if we decide to add it to Bridges.
Still stuck? Contact us